Monday, April 7, 2008

More On Sweeney

I waited for the DVD because I didn't want to hear the chatter of people in a movie theatre during the show. I remember seeing the original on Broadway many years ago with Len Cariou and Angela Lansbury... and I know that quiet movie etiquette is not up to par with the etiquette at a Broadway performance. So I was able to watch and listen to an exciting take on something traditional. The performances were wonderful and were secondary to the music. Yes Johnny can sing and he has a great time with the Sondheim score and lyrics. Watching did pose a condo problem. How to listen to something on a widescreen TV that doesn't modulate sound evenly. Trying to be respectful of my fellow condo dwellers and not blasting the orchestral moments and even better not singing along JOANNNNNNNNA was a trial in condo respectability and proper condo etiquette. This brings us to an important question. Is there a proper condo etiquette?.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, a conundrum! And what if you have screaming children...or a 16-year old who blasts Bowie at 11pm?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.